Athens COVID-19 Response
Here at Athens we are very concerned with the risks associated with the COVID-19 (Corona) virus. We want all our clients, patients and staff to remain healthy and safe during this time. Please read the information below for our new protocols in regards to checking in your pet and future appointments.
We do request that if you are experiencing symptoms such as breathing difficulties, fever, sore throat, runny nose, etc. to please have a family member or friend bring your pet to Athens or reschedule the appointment.
The following additional operational adjustments are now in effect:
- Athens Animal Clinic will be closed on Saturdays at least through April 4th. For clients needing assistance during this closure, call the clinic for after hour directions. This closure may be extended.
- We will be limiting medication refills to 2 month supplies and food purchases to 1 bag/case per pet in a household. Exempt: Heartworm medication and flea/tick medication. You can also order most medications via our Online Store .
- We prefer payment in the form of credit card or CareCredit if at all possible.
Please note - Athens will be closed on Saturdays until the end of April.
Starting immediately, Athens Animal Clinic will not be permitting any clients to enter the facility directly.
To minimize client’s and staff member’s likelihood of exposure, we now offer curbside pick up and drop off for all appointments.
When you arrive at Athens Animal Clinic call 812-372-9986 and inform the staff of your name and pet’s name and what you are here for (an appointment vs. medication refill). Please also let them know the make/color of your car.
For standard exams/appointments:
- Please fill out our “ Routine Visit form ” or " Medical Problem form " prior to your appointment.
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle or at the entrance to Athens Animal Clinic and will collect your pet and take them to an exam room or the treatment area.
- A staff member will contact you on the number provided throughout the exam to discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, or other information involved in the appointment.
- At the end of the appointment, a staff member will return your pet directly to your car and collect a method of payment for the exam.
For Surgery Drop-offs/Pick-ups:
- A staff member will come out to your car to chat with you during the drop-off. You will be asked to sign a consent form.
- The surgery team will contact you and coordinate a pick-up time for your pet.
- Please call our office at 812-372-9986 when you arrive to pick-up and a technician will come out with your pet to discuss any discharge or follow-up instructions. A staff member will collect a method of payment at that time unless your account has already been settled.
For Medication Refills:
- Medication may be requested through our Online Pharmacy .
- Hospital dispensed medications should be requested by calling 812-373-9986. Please call ahead for refills.
- A technician will call you when your pet’s prescription is ready for pick up and will collect payment over the phone.
- Please call our office at 812-372-9986 when you arrive to pick-up the medication and a staff member will bring the medication out to your car.